Woman Rescued After Her Husband Chained Her To A Pillar For 10 Hours

A middle-aged woman, Mrs Ngozi Chukwuani was chained to a pillar for ten hours by her husband, who is named Uche. IgbereTV has gathered that the woman who experienced this in Ebonyi State has been rescued.

Reports say that the husband who stays with the wife at No 1 Ike street in Abakaliki, the state capital fled the premises with the key of the padlock.

Residents, while speaking revealed that Uche hit his daughter’s head with the chain while she was making moves to stop him from beating Mrs Chukwuani.

Men of the Ekeaba Police division rescued Mrs Chukwuani. The couple both hail from Enugu State.

The Special Assistant to Governor David Umahi on security and utility, the capital city, Mr. Nchekwube Saints Anakor, on Tuesday, condemned the incident and instructed a welder to remove the chains from Mrs Chukwuani, adding that the suspect would be apprehended and prosecuted.

Anakor said: “This evening (Tuesday) at no.1 Ike street, Mr Uche Chukwuani chained his wife to a pillar in their building and ran away with the key. Thanks to Ekeaba police whose timely response saved the situation.

“I had to send a welder who cut the chain. One question kept on coming to my mind, what did this woman do to warrant being chained like a dog by her own husband. Does whatever transpired warrant such dehumanization?

“Always be careful in what you do for ignorance is no excuse in law. I am always on patrol till daybreak expecting to hear from you. The Neighborhood Watch is stationed in every part of the town protecting ur areas. Reach out to them for any challenges or call me,” Anakor said.

Mrs Chukwuani explained that her husband had earlier made threats to deal with her because his mistress is suffering.

Source:https://igberetvnews.com/1359858/woman-chained-pillar-ten-hours-husband-rescued-ebonyi-photos/