Texas Mayor Violated Her Own Lockdown Order To Go To The Nail Salon

A Texas mayor was forced to tender an apology after she was caught breaking her own stay-at-home order by getting a nail salon to open just for her.

Beaumont Mayor, Becky Ames was caught on camera last Tuesday with a face mask on as she visited The Nail Bar which according to 12NewsNow, should have been shuttered due to the lockdown order given by the mayor.

This generated a lot of complaints, leading to investigations by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and even Jefferson County District Attorney’s office.

The mayor gave a “heartfelt apology” for what she said was a “lapse in judgment.”

“I promise there was no malice intended,” she wrote in a statement.

“I should never have entered the salon last Tuesday. I did not intend to take personal privilege while asking others to sacrifice and for that I am truly remorseful.”

She stated that “as an elected official I am held to a higher standard.”

“I regret my action that day. I am honestly sorry and I pray that you will forgive me,” she said.

According to the mayor, she was in and out of the salon in 10 minutes, and the owner was the only person there. She pointed out that she just needed acetone to remove an old manicure and did not get her nails re-done, from 12NewsNow.

Source:https://nypost.com/2020/04/26/texas-mayor-broke-her-own-stay-at-home-order-to-go-to-nail-salon/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Crazy Mayor. Lol. She couldn’t hold it not going to the salon. :joy::joy:

1 Like