See How Google Wants To Tackle AdBlocker Users

As part of our efforts to maintain a sustainable web for everyone, we want to help publishers with good ad experiences get paid for their work. With Funding Choices, now in beta, publishers can show a customized message to visitors using an ad blocker, inviting them to either enable ads on their site, or pay for a pass that removes all ads on that site through the new Google Contributor.``

Funding Choices is available to publishers in North America, U.K., Germany, Australia and New Zealand and will be rolling out in other countries later this year. Publishers should visit our new best practices guide for tips on crafting the right message for their audience.

https://blog.google/topics/journalism-news/building-better-web-everyone/

What’s your take on this?

It’s a welcome development. Thank you Google.

This is awesome

They ought to introduce the development to we bloggers here in Nigeria first… We need it more than the UK, North America and co.

1 Like

haha but why @tuhamworld

1 Like

we are not even close to the number of bloggers in UK only. in Nigeria people hear you make it through they will rush and join and drop after seeing the work you have to put up to make a great site.

because of our readers here now :smile:

If Oyinbo people add a “donate button” on their site to make it grow, their readers would be willing to contribute. For my country people here, they would count it as something else

A blogger would now opt in for Google Adsense to compensate his own efforts and they would still be using adblockers :smile:

2 Likes

i feel you sadness, there a time i added this feature on my blog, omo nobody pay, so i removed it

Sadness keh :smile:

I no get any sadness ooh bro. That one na misinterpretation, just relaying how things are

Haven’t and not using “Donate Button” on my blog

1 Like