Mobile Ad Revenue So Poor? Try These 7 Tips

Millions of people all over world now access the internet via mobile devices, infact mobile search has now overtaken desktop search. Hence, there is need to maximize how much you earn from users that access your site with mobile devices.

The tips below should help :

1. Smaller logo and header area.

Mobile screens are small. You need to clear as much real estate as you can for making more money and displaying content. Using a theme with mobile menus integrated in it can help minimize how much screen space your header bar and navigation take above-the-fold. Hence, enough space to make an ad unit stand out above the fold.

2. Ensure your site is mobile responsive.

Nobody is clicking teeny weeny ads on a non-responsive website on mobile devices. Responsive themes will make your content and ads to be very visible on mobile devices. Blogger now has responsive themes and there are lots of WordPress responsive themes out there.

3. Make sure your ads fit on mobile.

Cut off ads perform terribly. 728x90 leatherboard ad displaying on an iPhone 5s screen is somehow. So, use responsive ads. 300x250 and 300x100 ad units are cool for mobile traffic. If your responsive ad is displaying a smaller ad unit on mobile, you can force it to display a bigger ad unit as explained here.

###4. Use mobile anchor ads

Most ad networks offer what are called anchor ads. Usually they display in the mobile footer. They’re sticky, which means they stick to the bottom of the screen while a visitor scrolls down a web page. Yes, AdSense offers anchors but I earn more with Sulvo anchor ads :wink:

5. Test different ads above the fold

Just like desktop, the space above-the-fold is cool for displaying ads. So, you can maximize your mobile ad revenue by testing different ad units below header, above & below post titles.

If you’re using Blogger Emporio theme, you can read how to place adsense ad below post title.

Remember, what works for another blog might not work for you blog. So, test test test to see what works for you. At ogbongeblog, I earn more from Adsense link ads.

6. Increase page views per visitor.

More page views will likely increase your revenue especially if you’ve monetized your site with CPM ad networks. You can increase pageviews per visitor by :

• offering related posts inside/below content
  • offer infinite scrolling so that people scroll and scroll and scroll until they find something they want.
  • paginating content. Extreme pagination such as a “Next page” button after every image not cool though.

7. Use Native ads

Native ad units really stand out on mobile. Visitors click native ads more readily on mobile devices than on desktop. There are different native ad networks out there you can use to monetize your blog. Give them a try.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to share and contribute :wink:

4 Likes

I hope Adsense does not frowns at the Sulvo anchor ads ?

It’s safe bro.

But Sulvo is kind of strict in accepting people

I would try to experiment with link ads and see how they work out!

Whenever I login my sulvo account it tells me ACCOUNT SUSPENDED…what can I do sir? @jidetheblogger

yea it is helpful bro, Sulvo are really strict in accepting blogs… anyone with their requirements?

1 Like

Link ads are cool on tech blogs. Give it a try @tuhamworld

1 Like

Contact sulvo support @Joseph_Ogunlowo They will tell you why…

Your traffic matters (pageviews, countries etc). @SegunWonda . You can share your analytics report with them if you are sure that your traffic is cool.

When i log in to the dashboard, Mobile rectangle inside post seems to be fetching more:slight_smile:

Okay… thanks @jidetheblogger

1 Like

I don’t understand. Can I see a screenshot? They’ve approved your sulvo account?

I haven’t been approved with a Sulvo account… I actually meant from my adsense dashboard

Oh I see. You can send traffic details to sulvo though.

Thought you said you were not using adsense link ads. So, why now conclude that you earn more from mobile rectangle ads?

I wasn’t using link ads when i made the comment above but implement it after that.

I guess it’s too soon to judge Would try messaging Sulvo back sha

Yes, too soon to judge …lol :grinning:

1 Like

When i check my dashboard this morning, i was like Oh my! Just check now and even though i recently implemented it, it had become number 1 on the list:grinning: Link ads rock!