Migration Issues

Hi, I’ve been an unregistered member of this forum. Finally registered yesterday. Apparently, The Planet is doing great as every other things from boss @jidetheblogger, Right now I have serious issue which I’ve had for the past 3 months at this point I need suggestions from top professional and experienced bloggers like boss Jide.

I was doing fine on blogger on one of my sites, then I got series of advice from folks saying I’d do better if I migrated to Wordpress, after some considerations, I moved(and imported my posts) but for the first few days(I think 2 or so) my site was off cos of some host issues I didn’t understand. AFter that everything was set up I was up and running on WP. But my traffic totallyt tanked! I mean from about 1.5k - 2.5k of daily visits to barely 200+ visits uptil today, and of course my earnings also got tanked. I’ve tried all I could to revvive this site to no avail. So, I’m stuck at moving back to Blogger or wait eternally for something miraculous to happen. Or any positive advice from here.

Thanks In Advance as you offer to help me on this

The url structure on your blogger old posts the same with the one on wordpress?

Yea, it is. I also redirect everything from the blogger to wp and also made use of Yoast redirect.

Even none of my new posts on wp has gotten a single search impression

Don’t panic at all, it will take some time before Google will pass the the page power( backlinks) to the new URL. Don’t forget to resubmit your sitemap and also ensure your blogger blog is not indexed again.

After everything is done, you still have to wait for at least 6 months before Google will restore the authority of every page on your blog. The fact that, you will be losing ranking in the course of the migration for now (everything will settle later) , yet, you’re not getting real traffic in blogspot stats. I can categorically tell you that, 60% of blogspot stats is fake.

Hi, thanks for your concern to help.

There’s no new URL, it’s same URL as I’ve been using custom domain for years and done every redirects required. About blogger blog being indexed again, could you explain more?

About Blogger stats, I know very well that the stats on Blogger dashboard are not correct, the stats I mentioned earlier are from Google Analytics. I can upload screenshots and other data if necessary.

Thanks

Wrong configuration of SEO plugins can mess up your site. It’s even better not to use them than to set them up anyhow. If you think you’ve set up everything correctly, just focus on creating more quality content for now. Hope nofollow, noindex tags have been added to the Blogger blog…

Thank sir, for your reply. I think I did the SEO plugins configurations right.

What I don’t understand is the last line, about nofollow, noindex… honestly I don’t get what you mean or how to do that?

Thansk again