Originally published at: https://www.ogbongeblog.com/register-for-voters-card-online-in-nigeria-at-inec-portal.html
You can now register for voters card online in Nigeria at the online INEC voters registration portal.
Below are the steps to take :
- Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process
- Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration
- Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre-registration
- Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information
- After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration centre for biometric capture to complete his/her registration.
- The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre-registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated
- Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details
- Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture
- A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters’ Card (PVC)
The INEC online CVR Exercise begins; Monday 28th June 2021.
Register for voters card online at : https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
The registration exercise will be for the following categories of Nigerians:
- Those who are 18 years and above and have not registered previously.
- Registered voters who have had any problem during accreditation for any past election, with either their Permanent Voters’ Cards or their fingerprints not being read by the Smart Card Reader.
- Registered voters who want to transfer their voting location from one place to another.
- Registered voters who want to correct issues with their data, such as misspelt names, dates of birth, etc.
- Registered voters whose PVCs are lost or damaged.