How to Create and Host your Blog/Site without Paying a Web Developer -Part 1

There is no need waiting for an expert when you can do it on your own. Just as there is no need asking ‘does it really pay to be a blogger?’

Note: Click here for the second Part of this Post

Last week, updated the cool tips on how you can start making money from your blogs, even without Google AdSense approving your accounts.

And today, I’ll be guiding you through the needed processes to get your new website or blog running.

It doesn’t matter the industry you are operating from, or the nature of content you intend to share or sell on your blog. What matter it the type and size of account you chose to host your content.

With this 2-part tutorial you will gain

We are going to be practical here. No need for much explanation.

What you need to Know before Hosting a Blog/Website

Before we proceed with how to host your blog, there are prerequisites you must get used to. And here are few things you need to learn/understand to make your website or blog a very good one. I hope you’ll enjoy following every bit of this post. That will assure your success as a blog owner.

Here are few things you need to know:

Your Domain Name You can’t own a blog or a website without having a name in mind. Your domain name is what you are known for. It might be taken from the name of your business, your instead or the nature of content you want to share on the internet. An example of a domain name is www.weusenaira.com ; the blog you are reading now.

1. The Hosting Plan

There is something a web developer will hardly share with you. Most especially when you cannot afford an expensive plan. There is a limit placed on almost every hosting plan. But there is a need to chose a plan that will accommodate as many visitors as you require.

Each hosting plan has the number of bandwidth, site speed and other necessary resources which will determine how optimal your site will perform.

In case you are paying; know what you pay for.

1. Others

Sometimes, people complain of the hosting accounts they suggest for others

Their support, the prices and other financial concerns. And for the sake of this post, I will not recommend any hosting company. But there are myriads of companies you can chose from.

How to get you Blog or Website Running without Paying a Web Developer

By now you are fully informed of all you need to get you blog hosted. Let’s move into how to get it done practically. There is no need to keep any crap. Just follow the steps I’m going to list here, and you will get it done without additional help.

Buying a Domain Name

Most hosting companies, like the Whogohost.com I used as an instance, has the search console on their homepage. That makes t very easy for clients to search for desired domain names and proceed immediately to cashout or cart.

Here is an example:

List of Other Domain Name Registrars

There are numerous domain name registrars. Listed below are just a few, along with my comments, if I know anything about them. Note that the domain name industry is highly competitive, with prices wildly fluctuating throughout the year, every year, so it’s impossible to really mention accurate prices below unless I spend all my time updating this page. Please check their sites for the latest rates. (Note: all prices below are in US dollars.)

HostGator Web Hosting$10.95 MSRP $3.33 at HostGator - Shared Bottom Line: HostGator is a reliable Web hosting service that’s simple to use and offers an array of useful plans for consumers and small businesses. It’s our top pick for novice webmasters.1&1 Web Hosting$7.99 MSRP $0.99 at 1&1 - Shared Bottom Line: 1&1 is an affordable web host that offers rich website-creation tools, solid support, and impressive uptime. It’s our top choice if you need WordPress hosting.InMotion Web Hosting$7.99 MSRP $2.95 at InMotion - Shared Bottom Line: InMotion is a feature-stacked web hosting service that offers many attractive features, but a few issues keep it from being the top dog. DreamHost Web Hosting

Editors’ Choice $10.95 MSRP $4.95 at DreamHost - Shared Bottom Line: DreamHost boasts a robust feature set and wallet-friendly prices, but this outstanding Web hosting service is best for those who are experienced in website administration, not newbies.

GoDaddy Web Hosting

$7.99 MSRP $1.00 at GoDaddy - Shared Bottom Line: GoDaddy is a feature-packed web hosting service that boasts rock-solid uptime, excellent customer service, and flexible website-building tools.

Bluehost Web Hosting

$7.99 MSRP $2.95 at BlueHost - Shared Bottom Line: Boasting excellent uptime and intuitive website-building software, Bluehost makes it easy to create attractive, functional, and stable pages for your business. However, it lacks a few featur…

Hostwinds Web Hosting

$4.50 MSRP $4.50 at Hostwinds - Shared Bottom Line: Hostwinds is a robust web hosting service that has the tools you need for building highly functional and user-friendly websites. It’s a top choice overall, and it’s particularly strong for d…

Liquid Web Hosting

$59.00 MSRP $39.99 at Liquid Web - VPS Bottom Line: Liquid Web is expensive and lacks shared Web hosting, but it’s a flexible, feature-packed online host with outstanding customer service and excellent dedicated and VPS packages.

A2 Web Hosting

$7.99 MSRP $7.99 at A2 Hosting Bottom Line: Packed with features, A2 is a web hosting service that’s more than worthy of being the foundation for your website.

You can buy a Domain name and get it hosted with the same company, though some prefere buying and hosting with different companies.

After You Register Your Domain Name

If you’re not sure what to do after you register your domain name, I’m here to assist you with that.

But in order to do it yourself, Click this link to continues with How to Create and Host your Blog/Site without Paying a Web Developer -Part 2

If you loved this part, do not forget to share.

1 Like

Nice post.

1 Like

Nice one, very informative

cool really love it. Thanks alot.