Originally published at: https://www.mobilitaria.com/how-to-change-watch-faces-on-your-apple-watch/
You can change your Apple Watch face either with your watch or your phone and you can easily add a new face when you get tired of the ones you already have.
USING YOUR PHONE
To switch a previously installed watch face:
- Open the Watch app. You’ll see a scrolling line of the watch faces you’ve previously installed. Swipe left and right to find the one you want to use or customize, and tap it.
- Scroll down and tap on “Set as current Watch Face.”
To customize a watch face, after tapping the face you want swipe down to see which aspects you can change, and swipe across to see what your choices are.
If you want to change an icon that launches an app on your Watch, tap “Complications”, scroll, and select. Go through the list of available positions, tapping the ones you want to change and picking the Complication you want to use from the scrolling list. When you’ve got it right, go to the bottom of the screen and tap on “Set as current Watch Face.”
To install a new Watch face:
- Open the Watch app. You can see the faces that are already installed near the top of the screen.
- Tap the Face Gallery icon at the bottom center of your display. Scroll up and down and left and right to behold Apple’s creative options.
- Tap on the one you want to add, tweak the settings a little if you want, and tap “Add.” The new face will appear on your Watch in short order.
USING YOUR WATCH
To switch a previously installed face:
You can just swipe left or right to switch between your installed faces.
Customizing your watch face is a bit different. To customize
- Force touch the screen. You’ll feel a vibration, and the Watch face will go into “Customize” mode.
- Swipe left and right to pick the face you want to work on, and tap “Customize.”
Faces have two or three categories of design that you can change, each face having it’s own screen. You can move between the categories by swiping left and right. The area that you can change will be indicated by a green outline which is usually labeled. To make a change like color, style and so on, scroll through the available options by tapping the area you want to change (if there is more than one area on the display outlined) and rotating the Digital Crown. The last screen usually lets you manage the Complications. Things you can change are indicated by circles. Tap what you want to customize and scroll through the available Complications by turning the crown.
When you are done press the crown once and you’ll be brought back to the customize screen. Lower your wrist or if you are not wearing the watch press the crown or tap the screen once to return to the customize screen and again to get back to normal mode.
To install a new watch face:
- Force touch the screen to enter “Customize” mode
- Swipe left through until you see the “New” button. Tap it.
- Either swipe up and down or turn the crown to run through the available faces. Tap the one you want to add, and you’re set. Customize it by following the previous steps.
That’s all you need.