How To Add Older and Newer Post Pagination To Emporio Blogger New Theme

Even though the new blogger theme has lots of advantages , it still has some disadvantages and One of the cons is the inability to show readers the “NEXT POST” and “OLDER POST” as it is on the Previous Blogger themes (especially Awesome Inc)

But right here at Ogbonge Planet, you’ll read how to hack your new blogger theme template and make it show the Newer and Older Post pagination as shown in the picture below.

Without further ado, let’s cut the cake

How To Add Older and Newer Post Pagination To Emporio Blogger New Theme

(Backup your theme’s FIRST!!)

Step 1: Login to your Blog dashboard >> Theme >> click HTML

Step 2: Locate the Blog1 Widget by clicking on “Jump to Widget”

Step 3 : Scroll down a little bit and look for the “postPagination” inclusion, then click the small arrow beside it

Step 4: Now add “super” in small letters as shown in the code below (instead of capital letters)

<b:includable id='postPagination'>  <div class='blog-pager container' id='blog-pager'>
<b:include cond='data:newerPageUrl' name='SUPER.previousPageLink'/>
<b:include cond='data:olderPageUrl' name='SUPER.nextPageLink'/>
<b:include cond='data:view.url != data:blog.homepageUrl' name='SUPER.homePageLink'/>

Step 5: Scroll up a little bit to see "main " inclusion and click the small arrow beside it to reveal the codes.

=> Now add the below codes BEFORE the closing tag of </b:includable

<b:include cond='data:view.isPost' name='postPagination'/>

Step 6: Search for ]]></b:skin> and add the below codes directly above it

.blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; }
.blog-pager-older-link { float: right; }

Step 7. Now save your template and view the action!

NOTE: Everything looks great on desktop but When i view the blog on mobile, it force the template to be more wider than normal.

Hence i would like to call upon @mazinoweb @jidetheblogger and other memeber of this forum to suggest what we can do about it?

#Update To make it look responsive on mobile devices, simply add the css code below directly above ]]></b:skin>

.blog-pager { width:100%; }

Thanks to @jidetheblogger for providing the mobile responsive css code

3 Likes

Yes, that’s how to integrate it but needs some styling.

1 Like

The styling for the PC view is cool but that of mobile needs adjustment. Can you help us look into that whenever you’re free Ogbongebro?

And if it works, i can update this post :wink:

No probs bro. I will share it once I re-add it to my blog. I lost it when I updated my theme…

1 Like

Thank you bro! I will be looking forward to it :smile:

I just this, will look into it and get back to you.

1 Like

Done.

Check www.ogbongeblog.com and see if the pagination looks cool on mobile.

2 Likes

I check out Ogbongeblog on mobile and it’s responsive! :blush:

OhK. I added this to the css section.

.blog-pager {
width:100%;
}
2 Likes

And this can be extended to a numbered navigation.

1 Like

Thanks for providing this bro! I will update this post with the responsive codes :smile:

2 Likes

@tuhamworld @jidetheblogger @mazinoweb check my blog www.lasgidionline.com.ng, you will see that mine did not give any space. How can i fix it?

Attached is the screenshot

The Step No 6, you added it in your HTML Section, right? If so, then try this…

Cut the code in Step 6 from your HTML section and paste it in the CSS part of your Template designer… You can access the CSS part by going to Template >> Customise >> Advanced >> Add CSS

Okay, thanks @tuhamworld I will try it tomorrow. It also make my mobile view bigger than the normal one I set before.

Thanks bro, it worked now.

2 Likes

You’re highly welcome bro And am glad it worked for you :wink:

Pls bro can you help Me add the pagination on www.eduleadportal.com… I tried it couldn’t work

i couldn’t view your blog here because of Blogger Blogs Using Custom Domain Not Working

please bro help me again concerning the pagination, I will reward you… this is my contact eduleadportal@gmail.com…waiting for your reply

1 Like

Sir please do the work for me on my blog www.eduleadportal.com I have been trying and its telling me html error. this is my contact eduleadportal@gmail.com I will reward you sir