Can I Use OPay Card for Facebook Ads?

Originally published at: Can I Use OPay Card for Facebook Ads? – OgbongeBlog

As a Nigerian Facebook advertiser, navigating Facebook’s payment options can be daunting. One of the major hurdles for many Facebook advertisers in Nigeria is finding a suitable Facebook ads payment method. One question that has been frequently asked by marketers and business owners in Nigeria is: “Can I Use OPay Card for Facebook Ads?”

In this blog post, I will delve into the intricacies of using OPay for Facebook ads, exploring the current limitations, and providing alternative Facebook ad payment methods to help you run successful Facebook ad campaigns in Nigeria.

Understanding OPay and its Services

OPay has revolutionized digital payments in Nigeria by offering a range of financial services, including money transfers, bill payments, and the issuance of Verve cards. OPay has quickly grown in popularity in Nigeria due to its user-friendly interface and the convenience it offers to its users. One of the key features of OPay is its OPay Verve Card, which allows users to make payments for goods and services.

What is OPay Verve Card?

OPay Verve cards are debit cards issued by OPay to its users. They are linked to your OPay wallet and allow you to pay for goods and services directly from your wallet balance, anywhere Verve is accepted such as POS terminals, ATMs, supermarkets, restaurants, fuel stations, and online stores.

Can I Use OPay Card for Facebook Ads in Nigeria?

Unfortunately, the OPay Verve card is not currently accepted by Facebook as a payment method for ads in Nigeria. Despite OPay’s popularity, Facebook’s payment system does not recognize the OPay Verve card as at the time of publishing this blog post.

Why Can’t I Use OPay Verve Card To Pay for Facebook Ads in Nigeria?

The primary reason the OPay Verve Card is not accepted for Facebook Ads payments is due to its limitations in international transactions. Facebook Ads requires a payment method that supports international payments, which the OPay Verve Card currently does not fulfill.

Facebook primarily operates in US dollars, while OPay Verve cards are denominated in Naira. This currency mismatch poses a significant challenge.

There was a time Facebook allowed Nigerian advertisers to use bank transfer to pay for Facebook ads and also accepts verve cards via payU Nigeria but these Facebook ad payment options have been suspended.

Alternative Facebook Ads Payment Methods for Advertisers in Nigeria

If you’re unable to use your OPay Verve card to pay for Facebook ads in Nigeria, consider the following alternatives:

1. Apply for a Dollar Card from Your Bank
If you don’t already have a US dollar card (Mastercard or Visa), apply for one from your bank. This will enable you to pay for Facebook ads directly.

2. Use a Virtual Dollar Card To Pay For Facebook Ads
Sign up with a virtual dollar card provider, fund your card, and use it to pay for Facebook ads.

3. Mastercard, Visa Naira Payment via PayU
If you have a Naira Mastercard Or Naira Visa debit card ( aka ATM card), you can use it to pay for Facebook Ads by using it to fund your Facebook Naira ad account balance via PayU Nigeria Facebook payment gateway.

Final Thoughts on “Can I Use OPay Card for Facebook Ads?”

While the OPay Verve card is not currently accepted by Facebook, there are alternative payment methods available to Nigerian advertisers. By understanding these options, you can continue running successful ad campaigns on Facebook. Keep an eye on Facebook’s payment options, as they may expand their accepted payment methods in the future.

If you need help with your Facebook ads creation, Facebook ads automation or have Facebook payment issues you need to be resolved, you can contact me and I will help you for a token.

Click Here To Contact Me