A New Nigeria Is Possible

More than ever before ,it is the responsibility of those in authority and those who have what it takes ,to encourage citizens to be actively involved in nation building in order to strengthen and sustain collective socio-political and economics awareness

Such was the case of a young,dynamic and enterprising Nigerian Olafuyi Adewunm Adejimi.A young man who against all odds ,held the Bull by the horn to build a water well in his community Aregba community

For decades ,Aregba community had been experiencing shortage of drinkable water .Their only source of water supply was a small pond in the village .The pond, which had been contaminated had been a breeding ground for mosquitoes causing malaria leading to death of the people.

Aside this ,the only available option for the peoplei is to trek miles to far distance communities like ;Saje,Kugba,Lafenwa all but just to mention a few .Even pregnants women are not left out in this very rigorous exercise, as most of them used to carry the buckets of water on their head .Some even had to get their baby stuck at their back undergoing what could be termed a dangerous mission.

These and many more were part of the people terrible and miserable experiences before a Messiah was sent to them Olafuyi Adewunmi Adejimi

“When I was about 15years of age ,my dream was that everyone in my community would have access to good drinkable water” said the hero while fielding questions from reporters

The dream later became a reality ,when on July 14 2018 a modern water well bore holes built single handedly by Adewunmi was commissioned amidst pump and pageantry

The entire community of Aregba and its environ was agog with a lot of activities ranging from singing and dancing to eating and drinking.

Also in attendance were ,kings ,Baales, Chiefs, market men and women,students, CDA chairmen and the council chairman ofAbeokuta North Hon Suraj Folarin Olakunle who also expresses his delight " Today in Aregba history has been made Olafuyi Adewunmi has brought succor to the people of this community and its environ and I am the happiest man on earth now because this historical events takes place during my tenure as the council chairman of Abeokuta North Local Government. I urge everyone to emulate this young man’s efforts and we should all believe that governance lies in us and a New Nigeria is possible " Said the chairman in his remarks

Reacting to the chairman’s speech Adewunmi Olafuyi could not hide his feeling. " I want to use this opportunity to thank the God Almighty also my parents and siblings who believed in my dream and aspirations. Special thanks to The CDA chairman and the chairman of water

Association Aregba for their support to ensure that this project came to reality .Let me conclude by quoting my council chairman’s statement that A new Nigeria is Possible.

The inauguration came to an end with a special recognition award given to Olafuyi Adewunmi Adejimi as the new face of Nigeria Youth ambassador.