2 Unique Ways To Make your Android Notifications More Useful

As we know it, the Android system doesn’t have a default (native) means of snoozing notifications, but with a few seconds of simple tinkering, you can give extra life to your device’s alerts.

In today’s article, i will be showing us two unique methods, in getting the most out of our Android Notifications.

The first one is somewhat limited in function but actually a (hidden) part of Android itself, and the other a more robust setup that requires a third-party app to work.

So Gentlemen and Ladies… are we Ready?

Lets dive straight into it without wasting any second.

No. 1 on my list here is …

Notification booster option #1:A Limited But Very Simple And Useful Shortcut

Few folks know it, but Android’s actually had a built-in way to view past notifications for a few years now. As long as you’re using a device with Android 4.3 or higher (and if you aren’t, for the love of Google, go get a new phone already), it should be hidden on your system and just waiting to be found.

All you need to do is follow the normal process for adding a widget to your home screen , usually by long-pressing on a blank area on your Home Screen, and then selecting the Widgets option.

IMG_20171126_072711_638

Search through the list for the item called “Settings shortcut,” and then drag and drop it to an empty space in your device Home Screen

IMG_20171126_072734_349

Once you do, you should see a menu of available options. Find the one labeled “Notification log,” and tap it. That’ll give you a humble little icon on your home screen that looks a little something like this.

IMG_20171126_072752_289

Tap the icon, and you’ll get a log of all the recent notifications that have come through on your device:

Screenshot_20171125-165625

But wait,

“i said wait”

, if you’d be a little observant, you should notice that these notification content doesn’t have any details attached to them. Like say “we only knew that we had a missed call, but from whom?” see what i was telling you.

And that brings us to our option No. 2 , which is more robust and functional, but itis a Third-party Application.

Notification booster option #2: The power-packed solution

So guys, i saved the best for the Last… To see the Second option in all its working glory, please click on the link below.