Woman And Houseboy Die While Trying To Warm Up Her Room By Burning Charcoal

A report today, 15/7/2020 at Aguata Police Station by Mr Bernard Ezeuboaja of Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia in Anambra State says that at about 9:am,he discovered that his wife, named Obiageli Ezeuboaja aged 65 years and her house boy, named Chikamso surname unknown aged about 12 years never woke up from sleep since the previous night. He saw their bodies lifeless when he opened the door.

Police detectives attached to Aguata division, on getting the report visited the scene and hurriedly took the victims to the hospital for medical attention. They were thereafter certified dead on arrival by a medical doctor.

A preliminary investigation showed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in a bid to warm up the room due to cold weather leaving all the windows closed and without ventilation.

The charcoal container was retrieved as exhibit while corpses taken to Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for autopsy.Investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

SP Haruna Mohammed,PPRO Anambra State Police Command, For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.

web stats
Disclaimer : Every member of NetDivo forum is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on this forum.