When you are winning you are the best coach and when you lose it is the complete opposite"- Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta reveals his family have received online threats

60265e304a00d

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has revealed that he and his family have received online threats since he took over the Arsenal job last year.

Arsenal are in the bottom half of the premier league table, and recent losses against Wolves and Aston Villa have not helped.

Arteta has now revealed his family has received abuse and threats online.

“I think if we would be reading everything that is written about us, probably we’d have to stay in bed a lot of days,” Arteta said at a press conference on Friday, February 12.

“I think we are all exposed to that in this industry and that’s why I prefer not to read because it would affect me personally much more the moment somebody wants to touch my family.

“It happened, the club was aware of it and we tried to do something about it, and that’s it.”

“It is not going to stop tomorrow, we know that, but medium, long-term, can we do something about it? That’s what I am pushing for,” he said. “I am not the only one who is suffering these kind of things, I think when you are winning everything is beautiful and you are incredible and you are the best coach and when you lose it is the complete opposite.

“That is the reality and it is not pleasant. When it goes personal against me I can take it but when the family is involved then it is a different story.

“I think it is great that people have the ability and so many platforms and ways to communicate and give their opinions. The only thing I am asking is to be respectful. Do it in a respectful way.

“You don’t have to batter anybody or try to hurt anybody, it is just give your opinion with the best intentions. When it is constructive, I think everybody can take criticism.

“It is part of our job to look at it and think and reflect on it, but when people are just with that intention of hurting, that’s when it becomes a little bit silly.”