If you want to remove this copy of Windows is not genuine error permanently, you can try the trick below :
- Click on start menu.
- Type cmd in search field.
- Right click on cmd file and click on Run as Administrator. It is must to run command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type SLMGR -REARM (SLMGR is Windows software licensing management tool. REARM command will reset the licensing status of machine) and press enter.
- Now you will see a confirmation window, click on OK.
- Restart your PC.
NB : When you restart your pc, you might still notice the error on startup but the error will be fixed. You can restart again to confirm.
Also make sure you don’t install any update in the future. Follow the steps to switch off all Windows automatic updates.
- Open control panel.
- Go to System and Security > Windows update.
- Click on “Install updates automatically(Recommended)”.
- Select “never check for updates(Not recommended)”.
Do you know other tricks that work?