Sani Yekini, Aisha Buhari's Protocol Officer Has Died From Diabetes

The news of the death of the protocol officer to the First Lady of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhjia Aisha Buhari, in the person of Mr. Sanni Yekinni, broke out in the early hours of Wednesday, 10th June 2020.

Mr Sanni Yekinni served the president’s wife for four years before being brought down with a sudden illness which has been diagnosed as diabetes.

Fought but lost the battle to diabetes in the early hour of Wednesday as reported by the official twitter handle of his boss, Her Excellency Aisha M. Buhari.

The first lady mourns her demised protocol officer. In a tribute to Mr Sani Yekini, the First Lady eulogised the commitment, dedication and courage of Late Mr. Sanni Yekini.

" Inna lillahi wa Inna ilaihi Rajiun. On behalf of my family and entire staff of my office, I wish to condole the family of Mr Sani Yekini a protocol officer in my office who died earlier today. May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdaus.

Mr Yekini served in my office for 4 years, he was down with diabetes and lost the battle today. He was a very committed, dedicated and courageous staff. May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss ."