Russia Approves Vaccine For COVID-19, Putin's Daughter Vaccinated

Vladimir Putin announced that Russia registered the world’s first vaccine against coronavirus. He made the announcement on Tuesday says the vaccine is effective in forming immunity against the deadly pathogen which has spread globally.

“As far as I know, a vaccine against the coronavirus infection has been registered this morning (in Russia) for the first time in the world,” the President told members of the government. “I thank everyone who worked on the vaccine - it’s a very important moment for the whole world.

Putin insisted that vaccination in Russia should only be carried out on a voluntarily and that nobody should be forced to accept immunization. He also revealed that one of his daughters has already been vaccinated.

The ongoing pandemic has claimed over 700,000 lives and there are over 20 million official cases internationally, with the world hoping that the Covid-19 crisis willl come to an end soon. The Russian vaccine will hopefully go into general circulation by January. According to the Health Ministry, front-line health workers and the medically vulnerable will be given priority,.

Putin asked Health Minister Mikhail Murashko to provide more detailed information about the plans for immunization. “I know that it works rather effectively, forms a stable immunity, and, I repeat, it passed all the necessary inspections,” the President added.

The Health Minister himself stated last week, that initial clinical trials of the vaccine developed by the Gamelei Research Center in Moscow had been completed.

Putin revealed that, though his daughter had a slight temperature after taking part in trials, it quickly went away. “One of my daughters got the vaccine. In this sense, she took part in the experiment. After the first vaccination, she had a temperature of 38, the next day - 37 and that was all.”

Source:https://www.rt.com/russia/497671-putin-covid-19-vaccine-first/

Wow!!! This is good news ooo… But till January before it can circulate… oops.

1 Like

Lets hope it circulates quickly

1 Like

Yeah. Let’s hope so