Restore Authy To New Phone Without Stress

Originally published at: https://www.ogbongeblog.com/restore-authy-to-new-phone.html

Sulvo Ads is one of the blog monetization options I use to make money from blogging at Ogbongeblog.com but I receive my sulvo ads earnings via the relable platform and Relābe recommends using Authy for 2-FA log in. Hence, anytime I want to sign in to https://revenue.relabe.com/, I have to enter the 6-digit code displayed in my Twilio Authy authenticator app.

So yesterday, I changed my phone and I needed to restore authy to the new phone. I was able to do this without stress. So, I decided to share the steps with you.

First, you have to download authy app to the new phone.

Once installed, launch it and you will be promoted to enter your phone number. Enter the phone number linked to your Authy app on the old phone. You will be required to select which option you would like to receive the otp. For me, I selected the whatsapp option. Hence, I received the verification otp as a whatsapp chat message.

After entering the OTP correctly, you will be signed in to your Authy account and you will see accounts currently using your Authy for Two-Factor Authentication log in.

Thereafter, you will be promoted to enter your backup password. Once you do this successfully, you can start using the authy app on the new phone for your 2-FA log in.

Kindly note that authy multi-device option was enabled in the old phone and I did not change my phone number.

About Authy App

Authy is simple & secure two-factor authentication, available as a free mobile or desktop app, from Twilio. You can download Authy for Desktop Computer, Android and iOS.

Relying on just usernames and passwords to secure your online accounts is no longer considered safe. Data breaches occur daily and hackers are always inventing new ways to take over your accounts. Protect yourself by enabling two-factor authentication (2FA). This blocks anyone using your stolen data by verifying your identity through your device. Enable 2FA now to protect your accounts online.