Police Man Who Murdered George Floyd Has Been Granted $1.25m Bail

The Minneapolis ex-policeman who was accused of killing unarmed black man George Floyd has made his first court appearance and his bail has been set at $1.25m (£1m).

The prosecutors cited the “severity of the charges” and public outrage as the reason for upping his bail from $1m.

Derek Chauvin is being charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter. The three other arresting officers have been charged with aiding and abetting murder.

Mr Floyd’s death in May led to global protests and calls for police reform.

Mr Chauvin, who is a white man, knelt on Mr Floyd’s neck for almost nine minutes while he was being arrested in Minneapolis on 25 May.

He and the three other police officers involved have been fired from their jobs as police officials.

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-52961599

I don’t think granting bail to this man is the best thing…

:walking_man:t2:‍♂ :walking_man:t2:‍♂ :walking_man:t2:‍♂

1 Like

What’s wrong with doing the right thing, he should be sentenced to life imprisonment or Death by hanging

1 Like

Well the court made the decision. Even those being charged with murder are allowed out on bail till they have been tried and sentenced

I agree with life imprisonment but death by hanging to me is quite harsh. Killing him won’t bring George Floyd back

At least, it will be a lesson