Lampard Reacts To Claims Chelsea Job Is Under ‘Serious Threat’ With Statistics Showing He Is The Club's 'Worst Manager Since 2003'

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard has reacted to claims his job is under serious threat.

The Blues’ run of poor form continued as they concede three goals inside the first 34 minutes at home to Manchester City on Sunday losing 3-1, and reducing their title winning credentials.

Following the loss, statistics also show that Lampard, a Chelsea legend from his playing days is now statistically the worst manager of the club since Russian billionaire, Roman Abramovich took over the club in 2003.

Lampard has managed 1.67 points per game from 55 Premier League games, a stat lower than Andre Villas-Boas’ record of 1.70.

Reports from England now say Lampard’s job is now at serious risk of being sacked by Chelsea owner Abramovich with the club ‘exploring alternative plans’.

The report adds tensions are rising between Lampard and Chelsea’s out-of-favour players.

Reports also say club bosses hold concerns over the form of summer signings Kai Havertz and Timo Werner, who cost a combined total of £116million .

Edouard Mendy, Ben Chilwell and Thiago Silva were also signed as Chelsea splashed out more than £200m in the summer.

After a fine start to the season, which included a 17-match unbeaten run, Chelsea are now eighth in the Premier League table and seven points behind leaders Liverpool following a run of four defeats in their last six league matches.

Asked about his future following the defeat to City, Lampard replied: “I’m not going to speak for people above me or the board, it’s not for me to do that.

“It is what it is on those terms, I can only speak about it as I see it, as a manager and a club.

“When we had 16 games unbeaten I still saw those flaws in our game. When we’ve lost four games I still see those flaws now.”

While Chelsea spent more than all of their Premier League rivals in the close season, Lampard warned his rebuild needs more time. He said: “I was real after we beat Leeds (3-1 on December 5) saying that we’re not title contenders, and I’m real now saying it takes time,” Lampard said.

“Any build or rebuild takes pain; pain behind the scenes and pain on the pitch occasionally.

“This is a difficult period and I understand the reasons why. Today the first half showed me the reasons why and we have to keep fighting and I’m the first one who has to keep fighting.

“I’ll always feel heat: I felt heat when we were on our good run, because I know that round the corner can be a negative.

“Maybe (N’Golo) Kante you can take out, but when you look around the team, there’s a lot of youth, a lot of new players that are trying to come in and settle.”