If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So - Joe Abah

5ff2dd788e245

Former Director-General of Bureau of Public Sector Reform, Dr Joe Abah has advised young Nigerans to leave the country if they have an opportunity to do so.

In tweets he shared, Abah recounted seeing a clear path on how he could own a car, buy a house and build a career when he arrived the UK but couldn’t see such in Nigeria. He also advised those who want to return to Nigeria, to do so by choice.

He tweeted;

Moving abroad the 1st time, I didn’t watch any in-flight movie. My eyes were firmly on the flight display. As soon as we left Nigeria, I made the sign of the Cross. When we left Africa, I whispered “Alleluia! If this plane does emergency landing now, it won’t be in Africa sha!"

It’s true that when I got to the UK for the first time, I thought “Is this all?” However, I could see a clear path to how I could own a car, buy a house and build a career. I couldn’t see that path as a young man in Nigeria. I still don’t see it for many young Nigerians now.

In your youth, you should japa if you want to and have an opportunity to do so. Get the basics, like a car, a house, a 90-inch TV and a bad bad sound system. Build your CV there & show them you are a determined Naija person. If, later, you want to come back, it’ll be by choice

5ff2dcc394f29