HTML Edits Not Saving In New Blogger Themes? Try This

Below is a message I received from a friend recently :

boss good evening, i grit u sir please i started using these new blogger themes and if i add things to it, and save, they dont appear i dont know y is there any way i can save and they will appear ?

He was unable to make changes to his blog’s html. :frowning:

Well, I experienced same problem while working on a client’s blog yesterday. After making changes to the html of the Emporio Blogger theme, no error but the changes won’t reflect. Whatever I add to the html disappears after refreshing the page.

I later discovered that the problem was caused by the Emporio theme Adsense widgets.

I guess the error occurs if there is no approved Google Adsense account associated with the email of the blog’s admin.

Anyway, problem was resolved after deleting the codes of the Adsense widgets (AdSense1 & AdSense2) from the blog’s HTML.

The AdSense widget code that you will delete will be similar to this :

<b:widget id='AdSense1' locked='false' title='' type='AdSense' visible='false'>
              <b:widget-settings>
                <b:widget-setting name='style.bgcolor'>#000000</b:widget-setting>
                <b:widget-setting name='style.textcolor'>#d67f3f</b:widget-setting>
                <b:widget-setting name='style.layout'>1x1</b:widget-setting>
                <b:widget-setting name='style.bordercolor'>#000000</b:widget-setting>
                <b:widget-setting name='style.urlcolor'>#5e5c61</b:widget-setting>
                <b:widget-setting name='style.linkcolor'>#ececec</b:widget-setting>
                <b:widget-setting name='style.unittype'>TextAndImage</b:widget-setting>
              </b:widget-settings>
              <b:includable id='main'>
  <div class='widget-content'>
    <b:if cond='data:adCode'>
      <data:adCode/>
    <b:else/>
      <b:include name='defaultAdUnit'/>
    </b:if>
  </div>
</b:includable>
              <b:includable id='defaultAdUnit'>
          <!-- Clear out style (need non-empty string) -->
          <b:with value='&quot;/* Done in css. */&quot;' var='style'>
            <b:include name='super.defaultAdUnit'/>
          </b:with>
        </b:includable>
            </b:widget>

Am trying to edit a 3rd party template too but the template will only save but changes won’t take effect. I will follow this tips and come back to comment if it’d work for 3rd party template too

I’ve replied you via the topic you created on this issue.

1 Like

after successfully saving the html code, should i bring back the adsense accounts?

bring back which adsense account?

wow… finally i solve this problem. i thought that blogger locked the code which can’t make any change to the html code… but i solve the problem with this tutorial. Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

i think not neccessary if u dont have adsense account confirmed…

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks @jidetheblogger, You saved my life!

2 Likes

Thank you.

You are welcome…

And welcome to the community

1 Like