How To Put An I.C.E Contact On Your Phone's Lock Screen

Originally published at: https://www.mobilitaria.com/how-to-put-an-i-c-e-contact-on-your-phones-lock-screen/

There are accidents that may occur that happen to leave you unconscious or unable to unlock your phone for an emergency or first responder. Setting your I.C.E contacts is the easiest way to get in touch with your friends and family to inform them of your whereabouts and how you are at that point in time. Your medical information could also be easily saved in a way that’s accessible, even with your phone locked. Both Iphones and Androids I.C.Es information can be set with the following instructions:

For Iphones:

The Health app is available on every Iphone. Just open the Health app, tap on the “Medical ID” tab, and then tap “Edit.” You can enter medical conditions, notes, allergies and reactions, medications, blood type, whether or not you’re an organ donor, and emergency contacts. Now that information will be available to anyone from the lock screen by tapping “Emergency” and then “Medical ID.”

For Android Phones:

For Androids, there’s more than one way to set your I.C.E up.

First, you can add your info to the emergency information feature:

1. Open the “Settings” app.
  2. Tap “User & accounts,” then “Emergency information.”
  3. To enter medical information, tap “Edit information” (you might have to tap “Info” first, depending on the version).
  4. There’s a separate section where you can enter emergency contacts; tap “Add contact” to add a person from your contacts list (you might have to tap “Contacts” first)

Once you have set this up, anyone can find your ICE information by swiping up on the lock screen and tapping “Emergency,” then “Emergency information.”

Another option is to add your ICE info directly to the lock screen. Android lets you put any message you want on your lock screen:

1. Start by opening the “Settings” app
  2. Tap “Security & location.”
  3. Next to “Screen lock,” tap “Settings.”
  4. Tap “Lock screen message.”
  5. Enter the information you want displayed, such as your primary emergency contact and any medical conditions, and tap “Save.”

Some versions of Android may let you add emergency contacts and your medical information directly through the Contacts app. There, you can add contacts to your “ICE – emergency contacts” group and edit your own profile to include vital medical information.

You could also follow these steps if your phone does not have the app that other androids have that makes it easier for them to save I.C.E information:

1. Open any note-taking or image app that allows text.
  2. Type the ICE information you want displayed. Keep in mind you’ll need to account for other text that displays on the lock screen (like time and date) and ensure the text fits on one screen.
  3. Take a screenshot of the message you created.
  4. Set that image as your lock screen wallpaper.

This I.C.E information could go a long way to save a life so be sure to set it up.