How to make money with your smartphone

Is your smartphone an asset or a liability?

Smartphones have over time become so important that it is almost impossible for any human being to live without one.

Combined research from organizations measuring much time the average person spends on their device per day, shows that the average person spends over four hours a day on their device.

I wonder how they came up with that because I think I spend more than 4 hours on my mobile phone every day. Lol. And I have a feeling you spend more as well.

But this is not the conversation for today; rather, I am posing a question; what do you do with your mobile phone within those many hours you are on your smartphone.

Social media has given the world a new form of addiction, and then takes a large chunk of the time spent on smartphones. According to studies, about half the time (1 hour, 56 minutes) is spent on the top five social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.

In effect, what we are spending is not just precious time; we are also spending financial resources. The cost of data in Africa is among the highest in the world and we spend a large chunk of it accessing our favourite social media channels. What is smart about a smartphone without internet right?

That being said, did you know that you could make some cool cash with that time you spend on your smartphone? Let me show you how;

1. Sell something on social media: You can be doing much more than liking other people’s posts, engaging in savage comments and all. You can offer something valuable in exchange for money using your social media platforms. You do not need a degree or any special skills. All you need is a product that people need, and you could get the financial breakthrough you have been praying for.

2. Take online surveys: A lot of companies conduct online surveys and pay for people to take their surveys. You will find hundreds of such companies on google search, and you can register for the one that is available in your location. (Note: Not all online surveys are available in all locations)

3. Affiliate Marketing: You have over 500 contacts on WhatsApp, over 2000 followers on Instagram or Twitter and over 2000 friends on Facebook. What are you doing with them You could promote the products of businesses and companies. Konga, Jumia, and other online platforms offer affiliate marketing for their products.

4. Offer App Reviews: This does not assure of instant cash flow, but if you are a mobile app addict like me, you will most likely get noticed by big brands who will pay you to review their apps before they are launched to the public.

5. Blogging: I am sure you have heard about this, and you probably think it is one big deal. But it is not. Wordpress makes it easy to create a website from your mobile phone and start blogging right from your smartphone. By placing ads on your blog, you can be raking in some really cool cash.

Do you agree with the ideas I just shared? Let me know what you think.

This article is brought to you by Phoenix Browser, the number one mobile browser in Africa. You can download it on Google Playstore.

1 Like

I will go with the second and last…