How Old Was Bianca When Ojukwu Married Her?

“How old was Bianca when Ojukwu married her” is now a question on the lips of some Nigerians as some people have started to find similarities between her and Regina Daniels who is now allegedly married to billionaire Nigerian politician, Ned Nwoko. i.e they are trying to compare it to “how old was Regina Daniels when Ned married her”. The former beauty queen, Bianca Ojukwu was also a young celebrity when she married then Biafran Leader, Odimegwu Ojukwu.

Bianca was born in 1968 while Ojukwu was born in 1933. The age difference between Bianca and Ojukwu is 35years. Bianca started dating Ojukwu publicly in 1989 when she was 21 years old and officially married Ojukwu on November 12th 1994 when She was 26years old till his death in 2011.

The wedding held at Our Lady Queen of Nigeria Catholic Church in Abuja, and it was officiated by the Arch Bishop Onaiyekan- who was the Archbishop of Abuja Diocese at that time.Their registry wedding was held at the Kaduna registry as witnessed by Ojukwu’s friend, the late Clement Akpamgbo, and reception followed after the event at Apo Quarters, in Abuja.

Ojukwu’s marriage to Miss Bianca Ono was a celebrity marriage in Nigeria that shocked alot of Nigerians. Their controversial romance was a national talking point in the early 90s and reports had suggested that she relinquished her crown as the reigning Miss Nigeria to Regina Askia.

Bianca had spoken of their relationship thus: “We have been into a relationship since 1989 but we got married formally on November 12, 1994. We have been together for over 20 years, because we had been living together since 1989. I was 22 and he was in his mid-50s when we started. It was not your conventional relationship.

“Looking back now, I certainly realize that I was very young at that time, but it didn’t seem to matter, because we had so much in common and we had good communication. The gap was not there in our day-to-day interactions.

“People thought the relationship was bizarre because of the age difference but it’s only when I look back now that I have children of my own that I realized that it was rather unusual.

“I don’t know whether I would classify it as being in love. I just knew that the difference tended to melt away when compared to the common grounds that we had. We had a similar background and we had so much to talk about. We had common interests and we just did a lot of things together. We went to see plays at the theatre. We went on vacations and there was just no disparity in our interaction.”

You can read more about their love story here and here.