Gunmen reportedly abduct two persons in Katsina state

5fe0708b230ee

Two persons have reportedly been abducted after unidentified gunmen attacked Funtua in Katsina state on Sunday night, December 20.

HumAngle reports that residents of the state say the attack happened at Zamfarawa community behind Bank of Agriculture building along Bakori bye pass at about 11pm. The attackers came with sophisticated weapons as they arrived in the community on motorbikes, shooting to scare and kill.

Hamisu Maikarfe, a resident of Zamfarawa community while recounting what happened, said

''The group stormed our village in the night shouting and shooting guns. They terrorized the whole community before moving into our house and abducted my younger brother, Nafiu. Then entered another apartment and kidnapped one Mallam khamisu Dan Agaji,”

Another resident, Musa Aminu, said he was shot at by the gunmen who spotted him while he was returning from Funtua township stadium.

“On my way to our community, I sighted them with heavy guns like they are going for a war. They shot gun at me but couldn’t get me at all. Immediately I escaped their attack, I reported them to Funtua police command and they responded within a short notice.”

This attack comes about 24hours after a police and vigilante group rescued over 80 children in Mahuta community and less than two weeks after terrorists abducted over 300 students of Government Science Secondary kankara in Katsina state.