Google's $649 Pixelbook Go Chromebook Launched

Originally published at: https://www.mobilitaria.com/googles-649-pixelbook-go-chromebook-launched/

The Pixelbook Go Chromebook is a simple and clean 13.3-inch laptop that starts at $649 and has a total of four configuration options that cost up to $1,399. So far the price seems reasonable considering the clean and awesome specs. It comes with a 16:9 13.3-inch touch screen and either an HD or 4K display, two USB-C ports, a built-in Titan-C security chip, up to 16GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage.

Google says that it lasts about 12 hours, the two USB-C ports are on either side of the laptop so you can charge it on either side. It aims to better user experience and the battery strength is a real step up considering it’s a laptop.

The Pixelbook Go is defined by soft, rounded corners and the edges of the laptop curve into each other gently. The keyboard is really sleek, I don’t think I’d want to give my hands a rest from tapping it.

It’s powered by Intel Core CPUs, starting with an m3 chip at the low end and an i7 at the top end. Available colors are black and “not pink” and pre-orders start now, but only for the black version. “Not pink” is coming soon.

Google is offering four different configurations:

• $649: 8GB RAM, 64GB SSD, FHD, 8th Gen Intel Core m3
  • $849: 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, FHD, 8th Gen Intel Core i5
  • $999: 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, FHD, 8th Gen Intel Core i5
  • $1,399: 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, UHD, 8th Gen Intel Core i7

The Pixelbook Go is designed to be a lighter, better and more affordable Chrome. The design gives it a really cute and portable look. It’s easy to carry and ready to go whenever you are.