Former Bayern Munich manager, Hansi Flick appointed new Germany coach

Former Bayern Munich manager, Hansi Flick has been appointed as Germany’s new manager.

The German Football Association (DFB) confirmed in a statement that Flick will replace incumbent manager Joachim Low at the end of the Euro 2020 campaign, which is set to get underway next month.

The 56-year-old, who guided Bayern Munich to six major honours during his brief tenure at the Allianz Arena, has signed a three-year deal that will run until the end of the 2024 European Championship campaign.

Former Bayern Munich manager, Hansi Flick??appointed new Germany coach?

“It all went surprisingly quickly for me with the signature, but I am very happy to be able to work as national coach from autumn onwards,” the 2019/20 UEFA Men’s Best Coach said in an official statement.

"The season has just ended and the two years at Bayern Munich have helped me. The team spirit and the attitude of the players were outstanding, and I’ll take a lot with me that will continue to shape my work.

"I’m really looking forward to it because I can see the great quality of the players, especially the young players in Germany. That’s is why we have every reason to approach the upcoming tournaments with optimism, for example, the European Championship at home in 2024.

"In addition, I know from experience of working with [DFB National Teams and Academy director] Oliver Bierhoff that I have a strong, trustworthy partner by my side and who will behind the scenes so that the team, we trainers and staff can get started without a long start-up time.

"I am also looking forward to contributing my ideas and ideas beyond the national team to the academy and the other national teams.

"The important thing now is not what will happen in September - I will contact you in detail in August - but the upcoming European Championship, for which I wish Jogi Löw, Marcus Sorg, Andy Köpke and the team the greatest possible success.

“Jogi Löw has more than deserved a big end to his career as national coach.”