COVID-19: Gov Ikpeazu Lists Guidelines To Pay ABSU Students Pocket Money

Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has reiterated his commitment to pay ABSU students of Abia origin N30,000 each.

Ikpeazu said the ‘pocket money was to help cushion the effects of COVID-19.

According to him, his administration remains unwaveringly dedicated to the “welfare of Abia youths, whether as students, artisans or entrepreneurs”.

The Governor in a series of tweets on Saturday revealed the guidelines to qualify for the pocket money which were spelt out during his meeting with the students and the institution’s Dean of Student Affairs in October.

“Still on the N30,000 pocket money I recently approved for each student of Abia origin at the Abia State University, to help them cushion the effects of covid-19. My guidelines for disbursement of the pocket money were clearly outlined as follows:

1. All Departmental student leaders are to compile names of students of Abia origin in their respective Departments

2. The University management is to also raise a similar list.

3. Government will cross-match both lists & commence payment from December.

“The list shall include such details of the students as follows: i. Name ii. Community of Origin iii. LGA of Origin iv. Phone Number, & v. Account Number

“Let me reiterate the commitment of our Government to the welfare of our youths, whether as students, artisans or entrepreneurs,” he added