Coronavirus: Lockdown May Be Extended In Osun State

Gboyega Oyetola, the Governor of Osun state has revealed that the coronavirus lockdown may be extended there in Osun, adding two more weeks to the initial lockdown period.

Governor Oyetola informed that 127 Abidjan returnees were isolated and tested for the coronavirus on their arrival and only 18 were confirmed positive. He added that the18 patients are in good condition and are being well taken care of while the remaining 109 people who were tested negative for the virus were released from the isolation centre.

Governor Oyetola revealed that the lockdown in Osun may be extended and pleaded with the people to endure the lockdown. He also stated that the rumor saying Osun state government was giving 5 billion naira to manage the coronavirus was untrue and added these words: “I wish I could have that. But I don’t have it. I’m just hearing about it.”

Oyetola also said that the 21-member committee he set up was working to distribute relief materials to people of the state

Source:https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/osun-may-extend-covid-19-lockdown-says-oyetola.html